Workspaces are where you store and work with all your financial data, build workflow and create secrets. You can add other team members to your workspace to collaborate with them.
To start interacting with the workspace via API, you'll need to generate API keys first.
- Accounts - Accounts are containers to track and store amounts.
- Units - Units are like currencies.
- Balances - Balances are amounts in accounts.
- Routes - Routes are doors in and out of accounts.
- Definitions - Definitions are like schemas for your objects.
- Transactions - Transactions move amounts between accounts.
- Triggers - Triggers allows you to schedule, accept webhooks, or listen for events.
- Workflows - Workflows help you run custom logic in your workspace.
- Connections - Connections allow your workspace to connect to external APIs/Databases via queries.
- Entities - Entities are individuals/companies that can link to accounts.
- Variables - Add extra data to objects in your workspace.
- Encryption - Encrypt and store any data in your workspace (extra feature).
- Resources - Resources are mini-apps. They're reusable containers for your functionality.
Every new workspace will have these defaults:
- Two default environments:
live. (We'll allow deleting these or creating new ones soon)
- Three default roles:
- 250+ pre-defined units, inc. all ISO 4217 currencies, crypto-currencies, and other popular units of measurement.
Environments are beneficial when you want to test your app or run workflows without worrying about it affecting production or other environments.
Once you create these objects in one environment, you cannot move them to a different one.
Modernbanc has a very granular permission system to suit any organization, regardless of size.
You can create roles and attach a combo of functionality (e.g.,
entities) and permissions (e.g.,
environment_id (where relevant).
You can assign roles either to users or API keys.